Part Of Speech : Pronoun

jobaid Thursday, November 30, 2017 0 comments



Pronoun
A pronoun is a word which is used in place of noun.A word which isused in state of noun is called pronoun.
Example
Humayun is a good boy.Here "Humayun "is a noun.
He goes to school everyday.Here "He" is a pronoun.
Note : There have a relationship between pronoun and person.So,we have to remember the subjects of below.
First person : I,we,me,us,my,mine, our,ours.
2nd person : You,your,yours.
3rd person : He,she, they,him,her,them,his,her,here's, their,theirs, it,its.

Classification of pronoun
There have six types of pronoun in number.They are
01.personal pronoun.
02.Interrogative pronoun.
03.Demonstrative pronoun.
04.Relative pronoun.
05.Indifinite pronoun.
06.Distributive and qualitative pronoun.

Personal pronoun
I,we,he,she and they” are known as personal pronoun.
Uses of personal pronun :
As a  subject : I read.
As a object : He saw me.
As a possessive : It is my pen.
As a possessive object : This is mine.
As a Reflexive : I hurt myself.

Interrogative pronoun
By interrogative pronoun questions are asked.Like Who,whose,what,which.
who: Generally who are used in person.
Who are you?
what: What is used instead of subject or things or event.
what does he do?
Which : Generally,which is used prior to things.
which pen do you like?

Demonstrative pronoun
Demonstrative pronoun indicates things.These are this,that,these,those.
These are my pens.
These books are mine.
Those belong to my friend.
Do you mean that?

Relative pronoun
Generally,relative pronoun indexes of relative clause.These are who,whom,which,whose,that.
The man came here yesterday,he is a famous writer.
  ü  The man who came here yesterday is a famous writer.
You met a boy.He is my brother.
  ü  The boy whom you met is my brother.
The boys name is Romeo.He is very intelligent.
  ü  The boy whose name is Rumeo is very intelligent.

Distributive and qualitative pronoun
Some, Each,all etc are known as distributive and qualatative pronoun.
Some of them.
Each (one)of them.
Both of us.
Some of it.

Indifinite pronoun
Specially (Somebody, Anybody, Something, anything, Someone, anyone) braket words are well known as indifinite pronoun.
Someone is coming.
I did not see anybody.
Do you need anything??
Is something worrying you?
He did not meet anyone.

Thank You.


Google+ Pinterest