Tense

jobaid Friday, November 3, 2017 0 comments





Tense : 
According to the definition of tense in english grammar tense is used to refer to time of an action or event.

Example:
-I eat rice. (present Tense)
-I ate rice. (past Tense)
-I will eat rice. (future Tense)

Types of Tense:
The concept of time or  tense can be classified into three categories.
01.The present / simple present tense. (presently doing )
02.The past.(Something did in past time).
03.The future. (Will do something In future).

Every Tense are four in number.These are described in below.

Classificaton Of Present Tense :





Present Indefinite Tense:
Present indefinite tense defines an action in the present time or habitual truth or eternal truth.
Structure:
Subject + Main Verb + Object.
Example,
-I eat rice.
-I go to school.

-He goes to school every day.


Present Continious Tense:
Present continious tense is used when an action is continiued or going to be continued in near future.
Structure:
Subject + be verb according to (number and person)+ verb + ing + object.
-I am eating rice.
-He is going to school.

-You are reading book.


Present Perfect Tense:
Present perfect tense is the indicator when the work has been done but its effect lasts.
Structure:
Subject + have/has + past participle + object.
Example,
-I have eaten rice.
-I have gone to school.
-They have done the work.



Present Perfect Continuous Tense
The present perfect continuous tense is used for the purpose an action which started at some time in the past and is still continuing.
Structure:
Subject + has been/have been + main verb + ing + since/from/for + object.
Example,
-I have been doing this work for two days.
-He has been reading for two hours.

-Mamun has been suffering from fever since sunday last.

Classification Of Past Tense:





Past Indefinite Tense:
Past Indefinite Tense is used to mean an action completed in the past or a past habit and result is not lasted.
Structure:
Subject + past form of main verb + object.
Example,
-I ate rice.
-I went to school.
-You did the work.



Past Continuous Tense:
Past continuous tense is used when the action was continued some time in the past.
Structure:
Subject + was/were + main verb + ing + object.
Example,
–I was eating rice.
–He was going to school.

–I was singing a song.


Past Perfect Tense :
Past perfect tense is used in the former action between two completed actions of the past;simple past is used in the later action.
Structure:
1st subject + had +past participle of verb + 2nd subject +past form of verb +2nd object.
Example,
–He had come home before I ate rice.
–He had died before I went to school.
–The doctor had come before the patient died.


Past Perfect Continuous Tense:
Past perfect continuous tense is used for an action that started before a certain point in the past and continued up to that time.
Structure:
1st subject + had been + main verb + ing + 1st object + 2nd subject +Past form of verb+ 2nd object.
Example,
-I had been eating rice when he came.
-We had been playing before the bell rang.

-I had been sleeping when he saw the game.


Classification Of Future Tense :






Future Indefinite Tense:
Future indefinite tense is used when an action will be done or will happen in future.
Structure:
Subject + shall/will + verb + object.
Example,
-I will/shall do the work.
-They will go to the market.

-He will go to the school.



Future Continuous Tense:
Future continuous tense is used when an action is thought to be going on in the future.
Structure:
Subject + shall be/will be + main verb + ing + object.
Example,
-I shall be reading the book.
-They will be playing football.



Future Perfect Tense :
Future perfect tense is used to indicate the completion of an action by a certain time in the future.
Structure:
1st subject + shall have/will have +Past participle form of verb + 1st object + before + 2nd subject + main verb + 2nd object.
Example,
-I shall have done the work before my father comes.
–I shall have finished reading the book by 4. P. m.

–I shall have finished my lesson before they come.




Future Perfect Continuous Tense:
Future perfect tense is used when an action will have been continuing by a certain future time.
Structure:
Subject – 1st subject + shall have been/will have been + main verb + ing + 1st object + 2nd subject + main verb + 2nd object.
Example,
-He will have been studying at Dhaka university for four years before he gets degree.
-I shall have been playing before they come.


No more today!
Thank You.
You can share your idea based on this articale via comment box.


Google+ Pinterest